We are so excited to launch our 1st Lorca Summer Reading Challenge!
This is a reading program designed specifically for Lorca School and its students to ensure reading is happening all year.
Why was this Challenge created?
- Promote basic summer reading.
- Introduce fall curriculum.
- Compliment the Common Core standards.
- Build camaraderie between students.
- Prevent summer reading regression.
- Motivate students.
- Encourage our families to raise lifelong readers!
Summer Reading Challenge GOALS
My child read a book. Now what?
- After reading EACH book, students will complete a Book Log that consists of a few questions.
- There is one copy of a log (fiction and non-fiction) included in your packet.
- You can make additional copies or pick up more at Lorca outside Door 1 by the parent information.
- You can also download copies below.
Student who complete their Challenge GOAL will receive:
- A dress down week in October and
- A chance to win other prizes. +
Every student at Lorca received a FREE book!
- This book should be read.
- It can be included in the Summer Reading Challenge.
- This text that was selected by the teachers for the whole grade level.
- It will be used for instruction next school year, so please make all efforts to:
*** KEEP THE BOOK IN GOOD CONDITION and
*** KEEP THE BOOK IN A LOCATION WHERE IT WON'T GET MISPLACED.
All Lorca students:
- Are automatically eligible to participate in the Challenge.
- No registration is involved.
- We are striving for 100% participation.
- Happy Summer Reading!
For more information contact our Reading Specialist
Jill Kehoe firstname.lastname@example.org
Nonfiction book log
Fiction book log K-2nd
Fiction book log 3rd-5th
Fiction book log 6th-8th
Español - Nonfiction book log
Español - Fiction book log K-2nd